Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Photo Restoration

After hearing we were restoring an old photograph, I texted my parent to see if they had any that were burned/torn up. They searched and couldn't find any, so my mom sent over a scan of my great grand parents, in which I printed out on glossy paper, and torn it apart.

Here is the image I restored:

With this also being the first major project in Photoshop, it was in my advantage because I have more knowledge in Photoshop than Illustrator or any other adobe software. 

This was one of my least favorite projects of this class though. I think that because you don't really get to express creativity and its more so just knowing what to do with the right tools.

These screenshots show some progress into the final:




This was the hardest part in my opinion. Getting the flowers to look good because of all the positive and negative space interacting with each other.



Overall, I think I did a really good job because you cannot really find any of the rips or tears in the restored image. Here is the completed image side by side with the old.



No comments:

Post a Comment