Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Logos

After hearing that we would be doing logos as our project, I immediately began brainstorming ideas that I could do. I have attempted logos in the past before, but never achieved to finish a solid one. I had always used Photoshop and whenever I tried to make one in Illustrator, I failed every time. After the calligram project, I had more confidence that I can make the logo to what I would want it to look like.
Here were my first 5 sketches:

I only had to choose 3 from those and while really liking the Maxks Premium Diving Masks logo because of the vectors I would be creating, I ended up picking the LipHookers     Cannabus       and      Peace, Love & Shakes  logos.

All 3 of these logos had a different concept to them and is which is why I enjoyed creating each one. The first logo was the LipHookers logo. The company is a manufacturer and distributor or fish hooks. I wanted to have a general symbol for this company and to keep the color scheme to natural colors with the blues and greens. I like how this one turned out and I think it gets the point across.

Next up was Peace, Love & Shakes. This idea originated because I was probably craving a milkshake at that time. I was originally going to do something with 3 brothers milkshakes (because I am 1 of 3 boys my parents had), but then I had changed it to relate to the common phrase "Peace, Love and Happiness". The colors green, yellow, red go very well together and that is why I had chose to put it as the symbol colors on the milkshakes. I am pleased with how this turned out and could definitely see this as a real lit up sign on top of an classic looking milkshake place.

Lastly, Cannabus. A marijuana delivery company. Yes, that sounds awesome I know. I wanted to separate the "Canna" and Bus" in the logo but overall have it together as a whole. I chose to do the Bus in a yellow with the black wheels only on that word. When I had moved the back wheel towards the start of the "Cannabus", it cover part of the cannabis leaf and didn't work that well with the logo.
I really like how the end of this turned out and it would be cool to see this happen in real life sometime in the future.

This project was enjoyable because of the variety of things we got to do. We had freedom to choose what everything was about that company and then design a logo from scratch. I think all of the logos came out very well and could see them being used as an official logo for a company as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment